Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tasting - Thacher Zinfadel


Name: Thacher Zinfadel

Variety: Zinfadel

Country: USA

Region: California - Paso Robles

Year: 2008

Price: $28

Description: "Medium-dark ruby; attractive, forward, intense, briery, spicy, dark currant and blackberry fruit aroma with notes of graphite and black pepper; full body; rich, textured, briery, slightly jammy, dark berry fruit flavors with good depth and a plush, creamy mouthfeel; full tannin; slightly harsh on the finish; lingering aftertaste. Shows distinctive varietal character and not quite as jammy as their Triumvirate bottling." Very highly recommended. April 2012 The California Grapevine, 92 points.

My Review: This was a decent wine and I'm glad I tried it. I wasn't overly crazy about it but that might just have been a result of the black pepper coming through. I have discovered that black pepper is not my favorite taste in wine. It was definitely complex and seemed to be well balanced.  Again, this is a wine my Mom liked more than I did and she actually bought a bottle.  Overall, this is a solid wine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment