Friday, April 6, 2012

Tasting - Oveja Negra Syrah-Cab Rosé Reserva




Name: Oveja Negra

Variety: Cabernet and Syrah

Country: Chile

Region: Maule

Year: 2010

Price: $6.95

Vintage Cellar Description: Oveja Negra Reserva Rosé is bright cherry-red in color and has an attractive nose with aromas of raspberries and strawberries as well as plum and a bit of green apple. Crisp and juicy on the palate with a slight sweetness that accompanies the red fruit flavors. Pleasing natural acidity with medium-high intensity, nice persistence, and
a fresh finish. 


My Review: Very surprising for a rose.  I expect a rose to be overly sweet and perfumey but this was none of those things.  I did not taste any residual sugar but instead got a very crisp, refreshing wine.  If I was blindfolded I would not have expected a rose but a white wine instead.  Maybe it was because of my low expectations for a rose but I was very impressed by this wine and will look to buy it in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment