Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tasting - Poysdorfer Saurussel Gruner Veltliner

Name: Poysdorfer Saurussel Gruner Veltliner

Variety: Gruner Veltliner

Country: Austria

Region: Poysdorf

Year: 2010

Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Description: Crisp lime flavors, white pepper and lentils, followed by a mouthful of mineral notes and gooseberry. A long lingering finish. A great accompaniment to any Asian or fresh seafood dishes.

My Review: On paper this sounded like a wine I would really enjoy.  With descriptors like "crisp" and "lime" it sounded like it would be right up my alley but I think the lime came through a little too much and it wasn't nicely balanced.  I didn't think the wine was all that crisp either.  It wasn't a bad wine by any means but I've certainly had better.

No comments:

Post a Comment