Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tasting - Flying Nymph White


Name: Flying Nymph White

Variety: 56% Viognier, 32% Marsanne, 12% Roussanne

Country: USA

Region: California - Paso Robles

Year: 2010

Price: $18.00

Description: This is our first vintage of white Flying Nymph and is a blend the three main white Rhone varieties Viognier, Marsanne, and Roussanne.  Stainless steel fermented.  This wine is loaded with citrus and tropical fruit.

My Review: I went home this weekend so I wasn't able to attend the Vintage Cellar tasting but I did go to a tasting at a wine shop in Reston. The Wine Cabinet had a special tasting in which winemakers came all the way from California to sample their wines.  The guy in charge of the Cass tasting I can only describe as crazy.  Somewhere between his long white hair, general hippie-ness, and urgings to "just drink" it was a really cool experience.  This wine was his least expensive but I thought it was pretty good.  Not very acidic for a wine described "with citrus and tropical fruit" but was somewhat up my alley. I considered buying it but I tasted some better wines over the course of the day so it did not quite make the cut. Decent wine though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment