Friday, April 6, 2012

Tasting - gPG Garganega Pinot Grigio


Name: gPG Garganega

Variety: Pinot Grigio

Country: Italy

Region: Venezie

Year: 2010

Price: $8.95

Description as provided by the Vintage Cellar: gPG is from the delle Venezie regions of north- eastern Italy. A clean and crisp palate with plenty of texture and weight follows aromas of apples and zesty lemons. It's perfect with grilled white fish or light risotto. 

My Review: While not as crisp as the Obikwa Sauvignon Blanc tasted last week at the Vintage Cellar (which I really liked), this was still a crisp, delicious wine.  In fact, if the other wines at this weeks tasting weren't also good, I would have purchased this wine.  We talked about in class how Americans like to drink wine separately from food and this is a light and tasty enough wine that I can definitely see people drinking this wine on a hot summer day.  I might look for this wine in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment